Friday, October 07, 2022 | Rabi' al-awwal 10, 1444 H
clear sky
weather
OMAN
29°C / 29°C
EDITOR IN CHIEF- ABDULLAH BIN SALIM AL SHUEILI

Gaza death toll rises to 29, Oman condemns attack

Through a statement issued by the Foreign Ministry, the Sultanate of Oman today expressed its condemnation and denunciation of the attacks staged by Israeli occupation forces against the Gaza Strip.


Oman urged the international community to shoulder its responsibilities, halt the escalation and support the Palestinian people’s legitimate rights by ending the occupation and establishing fair and comprehensive peace.


Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Sultanate of Oman
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Sultanate of Oman


The death toll from violence in Gaza has risen to 29, including six children, the health ministry in the Palestinian enclave said Sunday.


Earlier the ministry had put the number of people killed at 32, but a further ministry statement brought the number down to 29, including six children and four women. The health ministry also said that 253 people in Gaza had been wounded since the hostilities with Israel broke out on Friday.


The violence is the worst in Gaza since a war last year that devastated the impoverished territory home to some 2.3 million Palestinians and forced countless Israelis to seek shelter from rockets.


Israel has said it was necessary to launch a "preemptive" operation against Islamic Jihad, as the group had been planning an imminent attack following days of tensions along the border with Gaza. Islamic Jihad is aligned with Hamas but often acts independently. Both are blacklisted as terrorist organizations by much of the West. Hamas has fought four wars with Israel since seizing control of Gaza in 2007, including the conflict last May.


SHARE ARTICLE
arrow up
home icon