Monday, August 17, 2026 | Rabi' al-awwal 3, 1448 H
broken clouds
weather
OMAN
26°C / 26°C
EDITOR IN CHIEF- ABDULLAH BIN SALIM AL SHUEILI

US pause applies only to energy sites: Semafor

No Image
minus
plus


The United ⁠States will continue its strikes on Iran, ​with the ​pause applying only to attacks on Tehran's energy sites, Semafor reported on Monday, citing a U.S. official, during what President Donald Trump has ⁠described as "productive" talks with unidentified ⁠Iranian officials.


Earlier on Monday, Trump had postponed for five days a plan to hit Iran's ‌energy grid. Iran ​later denied that ⁠it had engaged in negotiations ​with the United States.


"The ‌stop on attacks for five days is ​only on their energy sites," a U.S. official told Semafor.


"It is not on the military sites and the navy, and the ballistic ‌missiles, and the defense industrial ​base. The initial initiatives of (Operation) Epic Fury will ​continue," ‌he ⁠told the news agency.


Reuters could not immediately verify the report. The White House, ​the U.S. State Department ⁠, and the ​Pentagon and the did not immediately respond to a request for comment outside regular hours.


The Semafor report also added ​that Israel was not a party ​to Washington's talks with Tehran. 



SHARE ARTICLE
Most Read
No Image
Oman workers must get six months to improve before dismissal Oman intensifies labour inspections amid regulatory reforms Oman steps up efforts to contain oil spill in Dhofar; no impact on desalination plants Oman fights oil spill
FOLLOW US
arrow up
home icon