The Ministry of Health announced that the target groups as part of the national campaign for immunization against Covid 19 for the months June and July will represent a large segment of the population.
The first stage (from 5/26/2021):
- Completing the immunization of General Diploma Students and the supervising team before General Education Diploma students.
- Complete immunization of the population of Musandam Governorate with the second dose.
- The second dose is for those who have completed 10 weeks from the date of the first dose.
- Immunization of basic service providers working in the Royal Oman Police, the Sultan's Armed Forces, and the security services.
- Immunization of basic service providers in the government sector.
- Complete immunization of health workers in private health institutions.
- Availability of doses in private health institutions.
The second package (from June 21):
Population 45 years and over.
The third package (First half of July):
Immunization of higher education students.
Immunizing workers in the education sector and academics in the higher education sector.
There are still some challenges in the vaccination programme as some people are reluctant to take doses due to misinformation.
Badr bin Saif a-Rawahi, Director of the Department of Infectious Diseases Control at the Ministry of Health, said that taking vaccinations will become a condition for entering educational and government institutions in the future.
He added that it will complete immunizing 30 percent of the Sultanate’s population before July at the current pace of vaccine supply.
Meanwhile, Mai al Abri, our writer at the Jaber bin Zaid School vaccination in Muttrah said, "The turnout is good but there is still scope for the process to be better organized. They should allow a certain number of people to enter the halls. There should be some order."