The Ministry of Higher Education’s committee that recognizes foreign universities and courses has recommended a fresh list of institutions for Omani students who wish to study abroad.
The list of institutions for higher education recoganized by the ministry are:
- University of Applied Sciences of Bfi Vienna
• University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien
• University of Applied Sciences Vorarlberg
• University of Applied Sciences Carinthia
• University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt
• University of Applied Sciences St. Pölten
• IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems
• University of Applied Sciences Salzburg
• University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tyrol
• University of Applied Sciences Joanneum Graz
• University of Applied Sciences Burgenland
• University of Applied Sciences for Management and Communication Vienna
• University of Applied Sciences for Health Tyrol
• University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria
2. The Hult International Business School in the US and the UK have been also recommended by the Ministry
3. The Belgorod State Technological University in Russian,
Federation recommended by the Ministry and the regulations adopted by the Ministry.
4. Sciences Po in France
The Ministry has decided not to recognize the curricula adopted by following institutions for their low academic level quality.
1. The Institute of Management Technology Dubai.
• Master of Arts in Islamic Studies issued by Allam Iqbal Open University-Islamabad, Pakistan in 2011, because the study was conducted by the distance learning system of a higher education institution is not included in the list of institutions of higher education recommended by the Ministry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Computing, issued by Camden University in the United States of America in 2011.
• Diploma in multimedia programming issued by Bharat Sevak Samaj in India in 2012 since the certificate is does not meet the standards of academic certificates.
• A Master’s degree in Information Technology and Business Management from the University of Wales in the United Kingdom in partnership with Robert Kennedy College in Switzerland in 2015 is not equivalent to the following reasons:
• The study was conducted by distance learning system in an institution not recommended by the Ministry.
• Robert Kennedy College is a non-recognized institution of the Center for Accreditation and Quality Assurance of the Swiss Universities and the Swiss Universities Recognition Authority (Rector) of the Swiss Universities.
• Legal studies diploma issued by the Institute of Arab Research and Studies in Egypt in 2012.