MusanNah: Welcoming more than 100 participants, Millennium Resort Musannah by OMRAN, Oman’s Tourism Development Company brought the second annual Millennium Triathlon to a close with an awards ceremony honouring the event’s top athletes. Confirming its position as one of the region’s most popular multi-sport races, highlights of the event included stunning views of the Al Hajjar Mountains, the Indian Ocean, and a scintillating end at the finish line.
Securing a place for Oman on the winner’s podium, Shihab Fayez led the event’s Overall Male racers in the Individual Sprint, joining Norwegian Gerd Inger Brunborge, who won first place among overall women participants of the Individual Sprint. The gruelling Olympic race saw Birgit Schulz of Germany take first place in the Overall Individual Female category, with Russian Rinat Mustafin coming ahead as the Overall Male Olympic winner. Additionally, the team races witnessed Oman Army 1 take home first prize during the team sprint while Oman Army 2 won the Olympic category after a thrilling race.
Christoph Schleissing, General-Manager of Millennium Resort Mussanah, said, “I would like to congratulate our winners and thank everyone for participating for showing the grit, determination and willpower that make triathlon such an amazing event. The incredible workouts and experience they gained in preparation and during the race will serve them far beyond today’s event by providing them with a platform to achieve future success.”
Millennium Resort Mussanah has cemented its reputation over the years as a premier destination for large sports events. Purpose built to host the 2010 Asian Beach Games, the resort has also welcomed the Sultanate’s 10th Open Water Swimming Championship, the Millennium Triathlon events, and the Renaissance Interschool Regatta among many others.
winners of their respective specifications and categories as follows:
• Overall Female Sprint Winner – Gerd Inger Brunborge from Norway
• Age 24-35 Female Sprint Winner – Iryna Niafedava from Bulgaria
• Overall Male Sprint Winner – Shihab Fayez from Oman
• Age 24-35 Male Sprint Winner – Omar Sulaiman Shaheen from UAE
• Age 36-45 Male Sprint Winner – Cledion Taporco from Philipines
• Age 46-90 Male Sprint Winner – John Johnstone from United Kingdom
• Overall Female Olympic Winner – Birgit Schulz from Germany
• Age 36-45 Female Olympic Winner – Anna Brockman from United Kingdom
• Age 46-90 Female Olympic Winner – Cecile Gabarre from France
• Overall Male Olympic Winner – Rinat Mustafin from Russia
• Age 24-35 Male Olympic Winner – Warren Grigg from United Kingdom
• Age 36-45 Male Olympic Winner – Saqur Al Khalifa from Bahrain
• Age 46-90 Male Olympic Winner – Oleg Samokhalov from Russia
Team Sprint Winner – Oman Army 1 team from Oman
Team Olympic Winner – Oman Army 2 team from Oman