March 12, The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) said, from April 1, will invite private companies to develop site at the old Oman International Exhibition Centre (OIEC), spread over an area of 12,7224 sqm. It will also open up areas in Al Khuwayr (14,5900 sqm), and Airport Heights (14,590 sqm) for property developers.
The preliminary plans for the new township include:
• A building for the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) HQ.
• Residential units for the staff of MOCI
• A medium size independent conference building
• A four-star hotel and service apartments
• An office/residential Complex, consisting of 12 buildings
• Health club
• Daycare centre