Muscat: The latest weather updates and analysis of the National Multi-Hazard Early Warning Center indicate that an upper air trough will likely affect the Sultanate of Oman between January 25 and 28.
There are chances for isolated rain with occasional thundershowers over the governorates of Musandam, North al Batinah, South Al Batinah, Al Buraimi, Al Dhahira, Al Dakhiliya, and Muscat.
Clouds cover is expected to gradually extend to the governorates of North al Sharqiyah, South al Sharqiyah, Al Wusta, and Dhofar.
The peak of the effect will be on Wednesday and Thursday.
The highest expected amounts of rainfall will cover the northern governorates.
1. Accumulation of isolated rainfall ranging from 10 to 60 mm may cause wadies flow.
2. Chances for frost over the peaks of the mountains.
3. Fresh downdraft winds with speeds of 15 to 40 kt (28 - 74 km/h).
4. Sea state will be moderate to rough along the coastal areas of the Sea of Oman with maximum wave height ranging between two to three meters.
5. Rapid decrease in temperature over most of the governorates, especially over the mountain peaks.