Muscat: As the cyclone, Shaheen expected to make landfall on Sunday, Mwasalat, Oman's national transportation company, has decided to suspend its bus and ferry services in all governorates of the Sultanate, starting from Sunday, October 3, 2021.
Mwasalat said they are operating city bus services in Salalah and a ferry service for route Shannah-Masirah.
- Suspension of all city bus routes in (Muscat Governorate) until further notice.
- Suspension of all intercity bus routes in all governorates until further notice.
- Continue operation of city bus routes in (Salalah).
- Ferries service:
- Suspension of all routes from and to Musandam Governorate until further notice.
- Continue operation of route (Shanna - Masirah).
The transport company said this is in the best interests of "Mwasalat" to ensure the safety of passengers since these services would be impacted by the exceptional weather conditions expected in the coming period.
The customers will be notified of any update on the rescheduling of the trips or the date of the resumption of suspended routes on Mwasalat’s platforms through social media channels.
For inquiries and information, please contact the following call center numbers: