Based on the decision made by the Supreme Committee, institutional quarantine applies to all non-Omani arrivals into the Sultanate, including families with children under the age of 18.
Requirements and procedures before & after arriving in the Sultanate:
- Travellers must conduct a PCR test not older than 72 hours before arriving in the Sultanate, whereas arrivals on long international flights of no less than eight hours are required to submit the PCR test that is not older than 96 hours.
- Take the PCR test upon arrival at the airport.
- Wear the tracking bracelets and quarantine for seven days.
- Repeat the PCR test on the eight-day from the date of arrival if the result is shown negative upon arrival. You can terminate the quarantine period if the test result is negative on the eighth day.
- The quarantine period shall be 10 days in case the test shown positive.
The following groups are exempted from institutional isolation, in recognition of their health status, provided to undergo a mandatory home-based quarantine and other travel procedures:
- People aged 60 years and older.
- Children aged 15 years and below are exempted from the PCR test and from wearing the tracking bracelet.
- Travellers with pre-existing medical conditions or undergoing medical treatment abroad, provided to present a report proving their current health condition.