Saturday, July 31, 2021 | Dhu al-hijjah 21, 1442 H
overcast clouds
weather
OMAN
40°C / 40°C
EDITOR IN CHIEF- ABDULLAH BIN SALIM AL SHUEILI
The Chedi Muscat makes official statement

The Ministry of Heritage and Tourism (MHT) announced the closure of The Chedi Muscat Hotel for the approved time period, in addition to applying the penalties, after cases were confirmed as a result of non-compliance with implementing the preventive measures to be applied.


"The safety, health of our guests and employees is our priority, and The Chedi Muscat will spare no expense and effort to ensure that they are well looked after and cared for during this challenging period. The hotels' management is working closely with all respective authorities, including the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Heritage & Tourism, to ensure that all protocols are implemented. As such, the hotel will remain closed to guests until June 15, 2021, as directed by the ministry." The Chedi said in a statement.


​​​​​The ministry said that this procedure came within the framework of a follow-up to tourism and hotel facilities and travel and tourism offices in cooperation and coordination with the relevant government agencies to ensure the implementation of the decisions of the Supreme Committee.


MHT has called on all tourist and hotel facilities and travel and tourism offices to fully comply with the decisions issued by the Supreme Committee and the Ministry of Health.


The authorities have warned that the decision to reduce entry to complexes, shops, restaurants, and cafes to 50 percent of its capacity is still in effect and that violating these decisions will lead to strict action and penalties.


The Ministry of Heritage and Tourism has initiated action against one of the hotel establishments, which included complete closure for violating the decisions issued by the Supreme Committee.


The Supreme Committee last week decided to lift the ban on conducting businesses across the Sultanate between 8 pm and 4 am and to continue working with the decision to reduce the entry of visitors to complexes, shops, restaurants, and cafés to no more than 50% of capacity. Children under 12 years of age will be now allowed to enter malls and other commercial establishments


It decided to allow the reopening of exhibitions, wedding halls, and other commercial activities which require people to gather together, provided not to exceed 30 percent of their capacity, and not to exceed 300 people in whatever case for halls with large capacities, while adhering to all preventive measures and requirements.


SHARE ARTICLE
Most Read
No Image
SC revises night lockdown timings from 10 pm to 4 am in Oman New CBD and metro to change face of Muscat Stranded expats tap vaccines, third countries for re-entry India should restart scheduled international flights: IATA
FOLLOW US
arrow up
home icon