Oman

Oman condemns Israeli settlement activities in West Bank

 

The Sultanate of Oman has condemned Israeli settlement activities in the occupied Palestinian West Bank, stating that these unilateral and illegal actions constitute a flagrant violation of international law.
The Foreign Minister, in a statement said that Oman affirms that achieving a just and lasting peace can only be attained through respect for international law and the preservation of the Palestinian people's inalienable right to self-determination and the establishment of their independent state.

France, Italy, Britain and Germany on Thursday piled on mounting international condemnation of a major settlement project in the occupied West Bank, after Israel authorities opened bidding for more than 1,200 homes in the area.
The E1 plan was green-lit by Israel last year and would further separate east Jerusalem, occupied and annexed by Israel and predominantly inhabited by Palestinians, from the West Bank.'At a time of grave instability in the West Bank with unprecedented levels of violence by settlers against civilians, and serious restrictions on the Palestinian economy, this decision is even more concerning,' the joint statement from Paris, Rome, Berlin and London said.

'We urge the Government of Israel to retract these plans immediately and end its expansion of settlements in the West Bank,' it added, warning businesses against bidding for the construction tenders at risk of 'involving themselves in serious breaches of international law'.
The UN secretary general has said the E1 plan posed an 'existential threat' to a contiguous Palestinian state.
Belgian Foreign Minister Maxime Prevot called the tenders 'unacceptable' on Thursday, saying the project 'would seriously undermine the viability of the two-State solution'.