Oman Firms allowed to transfer expat employees directly

As part of its efforts to develop the electronic services across board, the Ministry of Manpower has launched a service for the benefit of the non-Omani workforce. The ministry said with this service the employer can transfer the services of his expatriate worker to the another employer without a review from the ministry.

The enables the employer to transfer service of a non-Omani worker, who resides in the Sultanate, to another employer, provided that the new employer has a work permit.

The procedures to be followed are

1. Enter ID number and date of birth for the expatriate worker and the license number.
2. Approve details after checking the worker’s ID date of expiry.
3. The new employer shall print the form and go to ROP for visa procedures.
4. Log in to the system and pay RO 5 for transfer fees. Do the medical check up then go to Civil Status at ROP to get the resident IDcard.