Ministry-sponsored students can shift university

MUSCAT: The Ministry of Higher Education has opened the door for transfer between private universities for the students who are sponsored by the Ministry of Education. Students can apply for transfer electronically on the ministry’s website from January 7 to 18. A student willing to transfer have to request their e-files on the ministry’s website and fill in a university transfer application and attach the required documents electronically. In order to be eligible for transfer, a student should pass the foundation programme and he/she should have secured direct unconditioned admission in the same specialisation in the university to which he/she wants to shift. The transfer can be made on condition that it won’t delay the graduation date accredited by the ministry’s e-system. The student should not be bound with financial obligation in his/her existing university at the time of application.