Sunday, June 13, 2021 | Dhu al-Qaadah 2, 1442 H
clear sky
weather
OMAN
32°C / 32°C
EDITOR IN CHIEF- ABDULLAH BIN SALIM AL SHUEILI

Sultanate condemns blast in Pakistan

MUSCAT: The Sultanate on Monday strongly condemned the terrorist bombing in Quetta city in the friendly Islamic Republic of Pakistan which killed dozens and injured many innocent civilians.


According to the statement released by the Foreign Ministry, the Sultanate affirmed its solidarity with Pakistan, as well as with all international efforts confronting the menace of violence and terrorism.


The statement expressed sincere sympathy to families of the victims, the friendly Islamic Republic of Pakistan; its government and people, praying to the Almighty for the speedy recovery to the injured.


Provincial home minister Sarfraz Bugti said earlier that the blast hit as a paramilitary patrol passed by on the road, adding the patrol may have been the target.


Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa said terrorists were trying to disrupt Monday’s celebrations of 70 years of independence.


SHARE ARTICLE
Most Read
No Image
Oman announces vaccination plans for June, July Digital vaccine passport, next travel document The Chedi Muscat makes official statement Riyada clarifies on expatriate permit fees
FOLLOW US
arrow up
home icon