By Staff Reporter — MUSCAT: April 2 – Public Authority of Civil Defence and Ambulances (PACDA) on Sunday reported an incident related to the toxic gas leak in Samayil. As a result, the workers of the company who reportedly inhaled a chlorine gas were admitted to the hospital. The condition of these workers were said to be stable as per the latest reports. Public Authority for Electricity and Water in a separate message informed that a leak was reported in the chlorine gas cylinder at a pumping station. It said there have been no damages and the civil defence authorities were informed. According to PACDA, the disaster management team immediately rushed to site following reports of a chlorine gas leak from a pumping station in Samayil. Subsequently all staff were evacuated to safety. Earlier in the day, PACDA team successfully put of a fire in the Al Rumais area of Barka, in which no casualties were reported. Also, a fire was extinguished at a house in Ibri in which one person was admitted after smoke inhalation.
- Does the Tropic of Cancer pass through Amerat?
- MoH runs 83.1 pc of hospitals