The Oman Daily Observer is an English-language daily newspaper in the Sultanate of Oman.
The Observer focuses on local, national, regional and international news, as well as covering
current affairs, business and sports. It also pays special attention to Oman’s economic
development, highlighting the country’s natural, historical and cultural wealth.
Oman Daily Observer is looking for a talented journalist to become a.
The position demands a keen general interest in sport and the ability to write intelligently and accurately on a range of sports-related subjects to daily deadlines. In addition to covering sports news events and conducting interviews, applicants should also possess the necessary skills in page-making and design. Knowledge of popular design and publishing software applications, such as InDesign would be an advantage. Candidates with a minimum 5 years of experience in a reputed national or regional news organization may apply.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, preferably in journalism or media studies. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience required if holding only Bachelors degree; 3 if holding Masters.
- Experience working as a journalist in a publication; newspaper preferred, magazines welcomed.
- Should comply with the newspaper’s policy.
- Work exclusively for us i.e. cannot hold part time positions elsewhere or freelance.
- Needs to be familiar with journalism practices in the GCC, our culture and religion.
- Manage multiple projects and maintain deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and proactive.
- Excellent command of grammar and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (prompt reply to emails etc)
- Detailed understanding and grasp of concepts relating to [insert field specialty]
- Creativity and the ability to come up with his/her own story ideas.