May 6 – Filipino workers recruited for Oman should have a basic salary of RO160 for domestic workers and more than RO160 for skilled workers. Workers should be also entitled to food allowance of Ro30, accommodation allowance of RO80 and transportation allowance of RO20. Workers are also entitled to paid one day leave per week.
The statement was issued by The Philippine Overseas Labour Office at the office of the Labour Attache to the sponsors/employers and the foreign recruitment agencies.
Some of the details mentioned in the statement are as follows.
1. Passports should be kept with the worker unless voluntary entrusted to persons or institution, preferably with FRAs.
2. Workers are entitled to a paid leave (day off/rest day) of one day per week.
3. Sponsors must pay a month basic salary of not less than US$400 or RO160 for domestic workers, and more than OMR160 for skilled workers.
4. The sponsor must provide decent food or its equivalent of food allowance of not less than RO30.
5. The sponsors must also provide a suitable and safe accommodation, or its equivalent accommodation allowance of not less than RO80.
6. The sponsor must also provide free transportation from the worker’s accommodation to the worksite and vice versa, or an equivalent transportation allowance of not less than RO20.
7. The sponsor must provide health and accident insurance of the worker valid throughout the period of the working visa/contract.