The Oman Daily Observer is an English-language daily newspaper in the Sultanate of Oman.
The Observer focuses on local, national, regional and international news, as well as covering
current affairs, business and sports. It also pays special attention to Oman’s economic
development, highlighting the country’s natural, historical and cultural wealth.
Oman Daily Observer is looking for a talented journalist to become a.
A graphic designer responsible for creating design solutions for a newspaper, magazine, books, advertisement and other publication materials. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time and deadlines. Candidates should be able to design magazines and newspaper layouts and create artistic concepts. Should be well versed in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and other graphic related programs. Should be able to work in PC and Mac as well.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, preferably in graphic design, page design, layout or similar.
- Minimum 5 years experience required if holding only Bachelors degree; 3 if holding Masters.
- Experience working as a journalist in a publication; newspaper preferred, magazines welcomed.
- Should comply with the newspaper’s policy.
- Work exclusively for us i.e. cannot hold part time positions elsewhere or freelance.
- Needs to be familiar with journalism practices in the GCC, our culture and religion.
- Manage multiple projects and maintain deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and proactive.
- Excellent command of grammar and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (prompt reply to emails etc)
- Detailed understanding and grasp of concepts relating to [insert field specialty]
- Creativity and the ability to come up with his/her own story ideas.
Submit your document to: