The Oman Daily Observer is an English-language daily newspaper in the Sultanate of Oman.
The Observer focuses on local, national, regional and international news, as well as covering
current affairs, business and sports. It also pays special attention to Oman’s economic
development, highlighting the country’s natural, historical and cultural wealth.
Oman Daily Observer is looking for a talented journalist to become a.
As a business reporter you will proven skills in news coverage of business and economic issues, including banking, financial and equity markets, energy and infrastructure, shipping and maritime affairs, and related fields, will be considered. You should have at least five years of experience and demonstrate a proficiency in providing clean, crisp and timely copy, as well as rewrite / edit or summarise news reports, business features and other copy provided by agencies or stringers. Preference will be given to those with dual reporting and page-making skills.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, preferably in journalism or media studies. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience required if holding only Bachelors degree; 3 if holding Masters.
- Experience working as a journalist in a publication; newspaper preferred, magazines welcomed.
- Should comply with the newspaper’s policy.
- Work exclusively for us i.e. cannot hold part time positions elsewhere or freelance.
- Needs to be familiar with journalism practices in the GCC, our culture and religion.
- Manage multiple projects and maintain deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and proactive.
- Excellent command of grammar and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (prompt reply to emails etc)
- Detailed understanding and grasp of concepts relating to [insert field specialty]
- Creativity and the ability to come up with his/her own story ideas.
Submit your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org