MUSCAT, Dec 19 – In line with the government efforts to provide jobs for its nationals, more than 2,000 job-seekers are scheduled to attend interviews shortly. “Candidates have already been informed about the time and venue by the departments concerned,” said Shaikh Mohammed Ghalib Ali al Hinai, Adviser of Human Resource Planning at the Ministry of Manpower.
Over 4,000 positions in different sectors have been uploaded on the website for aspirants to choose from and submit applications accordingly,” he said.
In the first week of this month, Shaikh Abdullah bin Nasser al Bakri, Minister of Manpower, said at a media briefing that the process of recruitment as part of the government announcement for providing jobs to nationals will start with immediate effect.
There are slightly more than 47,000 registered job-seekers in the country. “Within six months, the target of 25,000 will be reached by providing over 4,000 jobs every month,” Al Hinai said, adding, “Jobs for nationals will be an ongoing process without any interruption.”
All allotments are being done under the supervision of heads of different sectors in coordination with the under-secretary at the Ministry of Manpower, he said.
Initially, jobs will be provided to candidates who have registered with the Authority of Manpower Register till October 3, 2017 and have kept their registration active till September last. Job opportunities are being made available through two companies — Target and Majid. While the former deals with jobs for graduates and diploma-holders, the latter takes care of candidates with high school education and below.
According to Maan Namal, the official account of the job programme, if a job-seeker is found to have not kept his/her registration active in September but was previously active, the case will be transferred to a technical team which will study the same.
“In case of confirmation, such names will be transferred to the list of recruitment companies according to their qualification within one week,” Maan Namal explains on its site.